The shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham at St. James Anglican Catholic Church in Cleveland, Ohio, is the national shrine in the United States. Fr. Peterson, Rector of St. James from 1919 to 1964 is mainly responsible for the establishment of this shrine.
Father Peterson made his first pilgrimage to Walsingham in 1923. He eventually became good friends of Fr. Patten, and a faithful supporter of the shrine in Little Walsingham. During WWII, amid intense bombing in England, Fr. Patten asked Fr. Peterson to rebuild the shrine should it be destroyed. In 1946, Fr. Peterson became the first American to be elected as an honorary Guardian.
St. James had always had a Lady Shrine, but in 1964 an image of Our Lady of Walsingham was placed in a shrine setting created by Estreda Greco and the Winterich Company. The Walsingham Shrine at St. James has become a place of pilgrimage for those who cannot make the journey to England. An annual pilgrimage to the shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, Cleveland, is held each year on the first Saturday in June.